A customer’s first impression of you may be in their hands — literally. Learn why uncoated paper makes an impact and is a great choice for discerning brands.
You only get one chance to make a first impression. That may be a cliché, but it’s true, especially in the world of print marketing, where marketing materials do more than just relay messages. Using uncoated paper for your project can ensure the impact of your product, service or brand beyond words.
Whether it’s packaging, a brochure, a direct mail piece or a catalog, people will size it up from the very first touch. Choosing the right paper is the first step in making the project successful. Each project requires a paper that not only complements the design, but also communicates your brand values and sparks the desired emotions in the recipient.
Uncoated papers make an impact and are often a first choice. That’s because:
- High-quality uncoated paper brands, like Domtar’s Cougar® or Lynx®, deliver excellent printing results. They accept ink very well and are capable of producing vivid colors and crisp details. For luxury brands in particular, high print quality is essential as it creates a lasting impression.
- Uncoated paper helps convey a sense of trust and authenticity. This is why nonprofit organizations often choose uncoated paper for their printed communications. Also, many brands choose uncoated paper when they are printing a serious or heartfelt message.
- At the same time, the velvety texture of uncoated paper can create a sense of elegance and prestige, which is especially important to luxury brands and VIP marketing.
- Uncoated paper delivers a highly tactile experience to recipients, which can help reinforce brand values like luxury, sophistication and quality.
- Uncoated paper comes in a variety of colors, finishes and textures, giving designers plenty of choices to find just the right look and feel for their project.
The elegant, luxurious look and feel of uncoated paper make it a perfect choice for high-end retailers who need to impress a sophisticated audience. Catalogs from brands like Neiman Marcus, Ethan Allen and Restoration Hardware are often printed on high-quality uncoated paper. More than just sales catalogs, these luxury lookbooks reinforce these top-tier brands by serving as design and lifestyle inspiration, and they have been shown to be direct drivers of online sales.
Jeep is another well-known brand that regularly uses uncoated paper in its marketing campaigns. The paper’s texture helps promote the rugged, outdoor, off-the-beaten-path brand.
Uncoated paper is also a great choice for letterhead, brochures, business cards, invitations, certificates and other documents that are meant to make a lasting impression about the brand, the business and the people sending and receiving these documents.