A popular saying states that it’s “all about who you know.” That statement has never been truer than today because it’s not only who you know but about who your connections know. Social networking powerhouse LinkedIn is a key social media trend to have on your radar for 2020 to stay ahead of your competition. It’s a powerful tool for both businesses and professionals to market themselves and connect with others.
Check out our ten tips to help businesses build their brands with LinkedIn.
- Make sure your Company profile is complete. Companies with complete information get 30% more weekly views. Just like your personal profile, people visit your company profile to learn about you, including your experience, history and what you’re doing today.
- Share someone else’s content. Everything you post doesn’t have to be original. A good mix of third-party content adds diversity to your feed, and may even perform better than content you create specifically for your page.
- Remember the relationship. Use LinkedIn to contact and connect with other users, including customers, colleagues and leaders in your field. Use the Messaging feature to have conversations—and if you have a premium account, you can use InMail to send private messages to any LinkedIn member without a prior introduction. Joining LinkedIn Groups is another great way to connect with businesses and people in your industry. Use the Search bar at the top of your page to discover and join groups that align with your interests.
- Stay on top of topics and trends. Don’t be afraid to tackle a timely topic trend. It shows your audience that you’re paying attention to current events in your industry.
- Publish new content to establish thought leadership. To be seen as a leader in your industry, post regularly on your LinkedIn page. Set a schedule for publishing and try to post at a regular cadence, so your page never goes stale. Companies that post weekly see a 2x lift in engagement with their content. Post about topics that will resonate with your audience, with a focus on answering questions and being helpful.
- Include rich media. Have you produced a new video or podcast? Printed a new magazine or book? Publish updates often—and upload rich media images to your profile. Images result in a 2x higher comment rate.
- Build a team. You don’t have to go it alone. Call on a mix of resources, including marketing colleagues, internal thought leaders, freelance writers, and outside agencies, to help develop and execute your content strategy.
- Create ads and sponsored content to generate leads when you are ready. LinkedIn’s Lead Generation tools can help you target the right audience, and get results faster.
- Visit The Sophisticated Marketer for more ideas on how to build your brands on LinkedIn or Download these Top 10 Tips as a reference.